One of the keys to achieving an efficient biogas production is keeping the digester completely mixed at all times. The benefits of the completely mixed digester are:
• Fresh substrate is mixed with fermentation substrate
• Temperature is evenly distributed (homogeneous process)
• Floating layer is prevented
• Solid sedimentation is prevented
• Gas is removed from the liquid
• Organic load limit is not exceeded
On the whole, this ensures a stable process and high-performance (high gas production)
Low energy demand
Engineering analysis and practical experience shows that a completely mixed reactor should be designed with a 1:1 height/width ratio and a central mixing system. With this design the least amount of electrical energy is consumed for mixing.
Regular servicing of the agitator becomes easy and straightforward, as essential parts are located outside of the primary digester.