A biogas project begins with the feedstock that makes up the base of the energy. Xergi has well-documented tools to calculate the gas potential in the feedstock to be processed.
The costs of the plant are estimated based upon the total amount of feedstock as well as other requirements of the plant.
The project's cash flow is estimated by adding the estimated price for electricity, heating or gas in the relevant country together with expected operation and maintenance costs. The profitability of the project is evaluated on this collective basis, and the decision on whether or not to invest is taken.
The analysis comprises:
• The amount and types of feedstock available
• Marketing potential for gas, electricity, heating, cooling and digestate
• The size of the plant and the choice of technology
• The plant's finances, including funding and profitability
• The need for approvals from relevant authorities, etc.
• Plan for future development